By Helen High
Read or Download Why Can't I Help this Child to Learn?: Understanding Emotional Barriers to Learning (The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series) PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
Written via major clinicians and examine specialists within the fields of kid improvement and psychopathology, this publication is an authoritative and recent consultant for psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians and different execs operating with weak childrens. the hole chapters define neurobiological, genetic, familial and cultural affects upon baby improvement, in particular these fostering kid's resilience and emotional wellness.
A suite of lectures through eminent contributors of the British Psycho-analytical Society. comprises papers at the event of getting a child, being pregnant and the inner global, being pregnant after stillbirth or neonatal loss of life, and healing intervention for post-partum disturbance.
It was once Plato who famously said that 'imitation is risky since it stifles creativity, hampers the advance of non-public id and disrupts the notion of alternative humans as special beings'. There are a few who nonetheless suppose this manner, and maybe this explains why imitation has obtained much less realization in the developmental literature than different human features.
This e-book offers a finished evaluate of the scientific phenomenon of pica. It focuses in particular at the illness because it offers in young ones, teenagers, and adults with autism spectrum disease (ASD) and highbrow disabilities (ID). preliminary chapters introduce present theories and definitions, via a extra specified exam of the way developmental disabilities complicate prognosis and intervention.
- Le Burn-Out des enfants: Comment éviter qu'ils ne craquent (French Edition)
- Depression in Children and Adolescents: Volume 4 (Routledge Library Editions: Adolescence)
- Street Children and Homeless Youth: A Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Innovative Mental Health Interventions for Children: Programs That Work
- Interactive Music Therapy in Child and Family Psychiatry: Clinical Practice, Research and Teaching
- The Adolescent in Family Therapy, Second Edition: Harnessing the Power of Relationships (The Guilford Family Therapy Series)
Additional resources for Why Can't I Help this Child to Learn?: Understanding Emotional Barriers to Learning (The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series)
Why Can't I Help this Child to Learn?: Understanding Emotional Barriers to Learning (The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series) by Helen High