By William Gleason
• not like the typical "how-to" manuals on simple process, this is often the 1st publication to introduce the underlying non secular ideas of Aikido--the elusive suggestion of kototama (word souls), expressed as one spirit, 4 souls, 3 origins, and 8 powers--and how they relate to the forms.
• Teaches the scholar easy methods to use Aikido to complete non secular pursuits.
• unearths little-known teachings of Shinto and Aikido, pertaining to them to Buddhism, Christianity, and different religious teachings.
Read Online or Download The Spiritual Foundations of Aikido PDF
Similar martial arts books
Lengthy sooner than Brazilian jiu-jitsu got here to the U.S., George Kirby wrote a booklet that might form America’s knowing of jujitsu for many years to come back. This seminal primer via Black Belt corridor of status member George Kirby is the proper start line a trip towards jujitsu mastery. because the multiplied version of the unique e-book that introduced Kirby’s five-volume sequence, Jujitsu: easy concepts of the mild paintings may also help complicated practitioners and new grapplers quick positioned simple jujitsu options into movement.
An entire beginner's advisor to education in medieval Italian longsword. This ebook covers every thing from deciding upon a sword, to warming up, to fencing. packed with set drills and transparent descriptions, this booklet has been the traditional paintings at the topic because it first got here out in 2004.
Tune Moo Kwan Tang Soo Do explains the construction, heritage and evolution of the 1st Korean martial arts Kwan opened simply as global warfare II was once finishing and its founder. The tune Moo Kwan was once the 1st Kwan named after the japanese Shotokan variety that's named for the pine timber that surrond Mt. Songshan in China, the house of the 1st Shaolin Temple whose clergymen expert day-by-day in Kwon Bup (Kor.
Tang Soo Do corridor of popularity and maximum humans of Tang Soo Do are the folk that drove Tang Soo Do to be one of many world's most well liked and versitile varieties of Korean martial arts and allowed the transformation of Tang Soo Do to Taekwondo permitting Korea to exploit Tang Soo Do as a origin to create Korea's nationwide martial artwork and Olympic game.
- Dan Inosanto: The Man, the Teacher, the Artist
- The Way And The Power: Secrets Of Japanese Strategy
- Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking
- Strength and Conditioning for Judo
- Aikuchido: Japanischer Messerkampf (German Edition)
Additional info for The Spiritual Foundations of Aikido
The Spiritual Foundations of Aikido by William Gleason