By Teresa A. Cardon
This quantity analyzes fresh technological breakthroughs in helping teenagers with autism spectrum illness (ASD). Chapters supply sensible assistance in such parts as overview, therapy making plans, and collaborative intervention. The publication additionally offers findings on and software program strategies and emphasizes their effectiveness in medical practices which are designated to express cognitive, social, educational and motor ability parts. additionally, it describes promising new deficit-reducing and skill-enhancing applied sciences at the horizon.
Featured themes include:
- Developing and helping the writing abilities of people with ASD via assistive technologies.
- The ways that visible organizers may well help govt functionality, summary language comprehension and social learning.
- Do-as-I’m-doing occasions concerning video modeling and autism.
- The use of know-how to facilitate own, social and vocational talents in early life with ASD.
- Evidence-based guideline for college kids with ASD.
- The use of cellular know-how to aid group engagement and independence.
Technology and remedy of kids with Autism Spectrum illness is a necessary source for clinicians and similar pros in addition to researchers and graduate scholars throughout such disciplines as baby and college psychology, rehabilitation medication, academic expertise, occupational remedy, speech pathology and social work.
Read Online or Download Technology and the Treatment of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series) PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
Written by means of prime clinicians and examine specialists within the fields of kid improvement and psychopathology, this ebook is an authoritative and recent consultant for psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians and different pros operating with susceptible youngsters. the outlet chapters define neurobiological, genetic, familial and cultural impacts upon baby improvement, specifically these fostering kid's resilience and emotional health.
A suite of lectures by way of eminent individuals of the British Psycho-analytical Society. contains papers at the event of getting a toddler, being pregnant and the interior global, being pregnant after stillbirth or neonatal dying, and healing intervention for post-partum disturbance.
It was once Plato who famously acknowledged that 'imitation is risky since it stifles creativity, hampers the advance of private identification and disrupts the conception of different humans as distinctive beings'. There are a few who nonetheless think this manner, and maybe this explains why imitation has bought much less cognizance in the developmental literature than different human features.
This booklet presents a accomplished evaluate of the scientific phenomenon of pica. It focuses particularly at the illness because it offers in young children, youth, and adults with autism spectrum ailment (ASD) and highbrow disabilities (ID). preliminary chapters introduce present theories and definitions, through a extra specific exam of ways developmental disabilities complicate analysis and intervention.
- Social Withdrawal, inhibition, and Shyness in Childhood
- Nurturing Morality (Issues in Children's and Families' Lives)
- The Child as a Cartesian Thinker: Children's Reasonings about Metaphysical Aspects of Reality (Psychology Revivals)
- Primitive Mental States: A Psychoanalytic Exploration of the Origins of Meaning
- Youth & Drugs and Mental Health: A Resource for Professionals
- Preventing Lethal School Violence (Advancing Responsible Adolescent Development)
Extra info for Technology and the Treatment of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series)
Technology and the Treatment of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series) by Teresa A. Cardon