By Lori Strelecki
Read or Download Pike County (Images of America) PDF
Similar american history books
Because it turned the world's first nationwide park in 1872, Yellowstone has welcomed travelers from all corners of the globe who lower back to their hometowns and international locations with reviews of this American wonderland. tales from the park's earliest viewers started to unfold so speedily that by way of 1897 Yellowstone grew to become solidly verified as a profitable vacationer vacation spot with greater than 10000 travelers passing via its entrances.
Just like Hollywood frequently interprets as a few otherworldly dreamscape jam-packed with great lives and delusion achievement. the true deal was once carved from the Southern California wasteland as an outpost northwest of l. a.. The motion picture arrived whilst tumbleweeds weren't easily props and real horsepower pulled the masses.
Between Colorado’s quickest turning out to be towns within the twenty first century, trade urban used to be settled within the 1850s, situated this present day eight miles northeast of Denver’s capitol construction. recognized for hog farms, truck farms, and dairies, in addition to refineries and grain elevators, trade urban used to be, in the course of international struggle II, the location of the large Rocky Mountain Arsenal, a U.
In 1843, LaRue County was once named after John LaRue, an early settler within the zone. Hodgenville, the county's greatest city, was once verified in 1818 and later turned the seat in 1843. LaRue County is better often called the birthplace and adolescence domestic of Abraham Lincoln; he used to be born on February 12, 1809, on the Sinking Spring Farm.
- Rural Life and Culture in the Upper Cumberland
- Experience History: Interpreting America's Past
- Texas Justice, Bought and Paid For
- Social Capital in the City: Community and Civic Life in Philadelphia (Philadelphia Voices, Philadelphia Vision)
- The Dance of Freedom: Texas African Americans during Reconstruction (Jack and Doris Smothers Series in Texas History, Life, and Culture)
- The Tennessee: The Old River: Frontier to Secession: 1 (Southern Classics Series)
Extra resources for Pike County (Images of America)
Pike County (Images of America) by Lori Strelecki