By Deborah Lynn Steinberg
Read Online or Download Genes and the Bioimaginary: Science, Spectacle, Culture PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
What technology bargains the arts examines a few of the deep difficulties dealing with the examine of tradition. It specializes in the excesses of postmodernism, but additionally recognizes critical issues of postmodernism's most harsh critics. in brief, Edward Slingerland argues that during order for the arts to development, its students have to take heavily contributions from the average sciences - and specific examine on human cognition - which display that any separation of the brain and the physique is completely untenable.
What do nylon stockings and atomic bombs have in universal? DuPont. The chemical enterprise of DuPont de Nemours pioneered the advance of either nylon and plutonium, enjoying a major function within the upward push of mass intake and the emergence of the infamous "military-industrial complicated. " during this interesting account of the lives and careers of Du Pont’s chemical engineers, Pap A.
Technology, expertise and old fiction - brief tales - 27 archival illustrationsIn the zeitgeist of the Forties -1950sWorld warfare (WWII), nuclear power, house exploration
In Fungible existence Aihwa Ong explores the dynamic global of state-of-the-art bioscience examine, supplying serious insights into the complicated methods Asian bioscientific worlds and cosmopolitan sciences are entangled in a tropical atmosphere brimming with the specter of emergent ailments. At biomedical facilities in Singapore and China scientists map genetic versions, illness dangers, and biomarkers, mobilizing ethnicized "Asian" our bodies and future health information for genomic learn.
- A Popular California Flora, or Manual of Botany for Beginners
- The Knowledge of Nature and the Nature of Knowledge in Early Modern Japan (Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute)
- Camels, Tigers & Unicorns:Rethinking Science & Technology-Enabled Innovation
- The Local Configuration of New Research Fields: On Regional and National Diversity (Sociology of the Sciences Yearbook)
- Alternative Pathways in Science and Industry: Activism, Innovation, and the Environment in an Era of Globalizaztion (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- Geschichte der Wissenschaft für Dummies (German Edition)
Additional resources for Genes and the Bioimaginary: Science, Spectacle, Culture
Genes and the Bioimaginary: Science, Spectacle, Culture by Deborah Lynn Steinberg