By Robert Webster
Why might somebody are looking to hang around with lifeless bodies?
With curious anecdotes and incredible fact, funeral director Robert Webster unearths that resolution and extra, supplying readers unique and quirky tales gleaned from a existence lived round dying. Webster tackles these embarrassing questions all of us have approximately what rather is going on bhind the scenes while you've got left this global:
- Strange issues humans installed caskets
- The largest rip-offs within the enterprise
- The loopy issues that take place to a physique after demise
- Lime, waz, and alternative routes to conceal the reality
- The most vital factor an undertaker does
- How to prevent the high-pressure funeral parlor
- What that isn't a coffin the physique is resting in
Read or Download Does This Mean You'll See Me Naked?: Field Notes from a Funeral Director PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
What technological know-how deals the arts examines a few of the deep difficulties dealing with the learn of tradition. It makes a speciality of the excesses of postmodernism, but in addition recognizes critical issues of postmodernism's cruelest critics. briefly, Edward Slingerland argues that during order for the arts to growth, its students have to take heavily contributions from the usual sciences - and specific examine on human cognition - which reveal that any separation of the brain and the physique is totally untenable.
What do nylon stockings and atomic bombs have in universal? DuPont. The chemical company of DuPont de Nemours pioneered the advance of either nylon and plutonium, taking part in a massive function within the upward push of mass intake and the emergence of the infamous "military-industrial complicated. " during this attention-grabbing account of the lives and careers of Du Pont’s chemical engineers, Pap A.
Technology, know-how and old fiction - brief tales - 27 archival illustrationsIn the zeitgeist of the Nineteen Forties -1950sWorld struggle (WWII), nuclear strength, area exploration
In Fungible lifestyles Aihwa Ong explores the dynamic global of state-of-the-art bioscience study, delivering serious insights into the complicated methods Asian bioscientific worlds and cosmopolitan sciences are entangled in a tropical atmosphere brimming with the specter of emergent illnesses. At biomedical facilities in Singapore and China scientists map genetic editions, disorder dangers, and biomarkers, mobilizing ethnicized "Asian" our bodies and overall healthiness information for genomic study.
- Practical Ethics: A Collection of Addresses and Essays (Practical and Professional Ethics)
- Silence, Feminism, Power: Reflections at the Edges of Sound
- Science and the Sacred: Eternal Wisdom in a Changing World
- Philosophy and the Sciences for Everyone
- Scientific Americans: The Making of Popular Science and Evolution in Early-Twentieth-Century U.S. Literature and Culture (Intersections in Literature and Science)
- The Works of Charles Darwin: Vol 11: A Volume of the Sub-Class Cirripedia (1851), Vol I (The Pickering Masters)
Extra resources for Does This Mean You'll See Me Naked?: Field Notes from a Funeral Director
Does This Mean You'll See Me Naked?: Field Notes from a Funeral Director by Robert Webster