By Lee A. Underwood,Frances L. L. Dailey
Counseling teenagers Competently is a finished textual content for college students and pros compiling foundational and rising talents within the counseling box. Authors Lee A. Underwood, Ph.D. and Frances L.L. Dailey, Ph.D. assessment vast interventions starting from evaluate to analysis in addition to clean views on operating with this frequently difficult group. using medical case eventualities and profiles that show key matters, this booklet is helping the counselor-in-training to appreciate the suitable theories and study round kids to raised interact in culturally correct interventions and remedy planning.
- Unlike such a lot literature regarding behavioral future health companies for teenagers, this article is crafted particularly for the occupation of counseling, but is acceptable for all behavioral well-being providers.
- Case situations deal with serious matters impacting today’s teenagers together with their features, expertise concerns, diagnoses and typologies, detailed wishes, and interventions concerning remedy planning.
- Themes which are usually confronted by way of young people, together with trauma, grief, loss, emotional concerns, sexual improvement, and friends are covered.
- A different diversity of young people from either city and non-urban settings are examined.
- This ebook addresses a wide viewers that incorporates scholars in behavioral well-being education, counseling, and faculty courses; the working towards supplier; and administrative/clinical supervisors and educators.
Read or Download Counseling Adolescents Competently (Counseling and Professional Identity) PDF
Similar adolescent psychology books
Written through top clinicians and learn specialists within the fields of kid improvement and psychopathology, this publication is an authoritative and recent advisor for psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians and different execs operating with weak kids. the hole chapters define neurobiological, genetic, familial and cultural impacts upon baby improvement, specially these fostering kid's resilience and emotional wellness.
A set of lectures via eminent contributors of the British Psycho-analytical Society. comprises papers at the event of getting a toddler, being pregnant and the interior global, being pregnant after stillbirth or neonatal demise, and healing intervention for post-partum disturbance.
It used to be Plato who famously said that 'imitation is harmful since it stifles creativity, hampers the improvement of non-public identification and disrupts the conception of alternative humans as special beings'. There are a few who nonetheless consider this manner, and maybe this explains why imitation has got much less recognition in the developmental literature than different human features.
This e-book offers a finished evaluate of the scientific phenomenon of pica. It focuses in particular at the sickness because it offers in young ones, children, and adults with autism spectrum illness (ASD) and highbrow disabilities (ID). preliminary chapters introduce present theories and definitions, by way of a extra distinctive exam of ways developmental disabilities complicate analysis and intervention.
- Regression Periods in Human infancy
- Helping Schoolchildren with Chronic Health Conditions: A Practical Guide (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
- Sons and Fathers: Challenges to paternal authority
- Corridor Cultures: Mapping Student Resistance at an Urban High School (Qualitative Studies in Psychology)
- Children’s Drawings: Iconic Coding of the Environment (Topics in Contemporary Semiotics)
Additional resources for Counseling Adolescents Competently (Counseling and Professional Identity)
Counseling Adolescents Competently (Counseling and Professional Identity) by Lee A. Underwood,Frances L. L. Dailey