By Shulamith Lala Ashenberg, PhD, CAS Straussner,Christine Huff, PhD, LCSW, CASA Fewell
"Children of Substance-Abusing mom and dad: Dynamics and Treatment" is an important reference for all psychological future health pros and scholars who have to comprehend and deal with this inhabitants. It bargains a useful glance attreatment ideas and programmatic interventions around the existence span and fills a major hole within the present literature. The participants contain a variety of specialists who offer up to date evidence-based medical and programmatic options for operating with young ones of alcohol and different substance-abusing mom and dad of any age and in virtually any perform setting.
This hugely steered e-book is a necessary source for all practitioners and scholars excited about this very huge, yet usually hidden staff of people and families."
From the Foreword via Sis Wenger
National organization for kids of Alcoholics
Parental drug abuse and alcoholism have an vastly damaging impression on young ones and youth. young ones whose mom and dad be afflicted by drug abuse or alcoholism frequently face a number of actual, psychological, and behavioral matters. they're at a better danger for melancholy, nervousness, low self-worth, and habit, and likewise are recognized to have negative college attendance, trouble concentrating, and reduce IQ scores.
This ebook deals health and wellbeing care practitioners proactive courses and leading edge concepts to exploit with this weak inhabitants. Taking a entire, existence direction method, the authors speak about the consequences and interventions on the prenatal degree, via youth, youth, younger maturity, and maturity. With this ebook, social employees and wellbeing and fitness care practitioners might help check and intrude with little ones of substance abusing parents.Key themes:
- Dynamics in households with substance abusing mom and dad and therapy implications
- Issues around the existence span of kids of substance abusing mom and dad
- Prevention and early intervention courses for pregnant ladies who abuse components
- Programs for youngsters, young people, students, and youngsters with incarcerated mom and dad
Read or Download Children of Substance-Abusing Parents: Dynamics and Treatment PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
Written through top clinicians and examine specialists within the fields of kid improvement and psychopathology, this e-book is an authoritative and recent consultant for psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians and different execs operating with weak young children. the hole chapters define neurobiological, genetic, familial and cultural affects upon baby improvement, in particular these fostering kid's resilience and emotional wellness.
A suite of lectures by way of eminent participants of the British Psycho-analytical Society. comprises papers at the event of getting a toddler, being pregnant and the inner international, being pregnant after stillbirth or neonatal dying, and healing intervention for post-partum disturbance.
It was once Plato who famously acknowledged that 'imitation is harmful since it stifles creativity, hampers the improvement of private id and disrupts the belief of alternative humans as specific beings'. There are a few who nonetheless believe this fashion, and maybe this explains why imitation has acquired much less consciousness in the developmental literature than different human features.
This ebook presents a complete assessment of the medical phenomenon of pica. It focuses in particular at the affliction because it offers in young children, young people, and adults with autism spectrum sickness (ASD) and highbrow disabilities (ID). preliminary chapters introduce present theories and definitions, via a extra targeted exam of ways developmental disabilities complicate prognosis and intervention.
- Professionalisierung pädagogischer Fachkräfte in Kindertageseinrichtungen: Konzept und Wirksamkeit des KOMPASS-Projektes (Psychologie in Bildung und Erziehung: Vom Wissen zum Handeln) (German Edition)
- Girls at Risk: Swedish Longitudinal Research on Adjustment (Advancing Responsible Adolescent Development)
- Building Happiness, Resilience and Motivation in Adolescents: A Positive Psychology Curriculum for Well-Being
- Living with Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for Individuals and FamiliesUpdated Edition
- Relational Child Psychotherapy
- Applied Behavior Analysis: Fifty Case Studies in Home, School, and Community Settings
Extra info for Children of Substance-Abusing Parents: Dynamics and Treatment
Children of Substance-Abusing Parents: Dynamics and Treatment by Shulamith Lala Ashenberg, PhD, CAS Straussner,Christine Huff, PhD, LCSW, CASA Fewell