By Thomas Keenan,Subhadra Evans,Kevin Crowley
An creation to baby improvement, 3rd Edition provides undergraduate scholars in psychology and different disciplines with a entire survey of the most components of kid improvement, from infancy via to formative years, in a simply available layout. It equips scholars with an appreciation of the serious matters, whereas supplying balanced assurance of issues that signify either vintage and leading edge paintings during this significant and interesting field.
The new version has been totally up-to-date and features:
- Topical learn examples from present literature in psychology, schooling, nursing and drugs together with new fabric on fetal studying and the position of play
- New and improved sections masking key modern concerns in cognitive, emotional and social development
- New positive aspects corresponding to 'Points for mirrored image' containers, designed to inspire the reader to mirror extra deeply at the topic matter
- Access to an better SAGE area significant other site which positive factors on-line readings, Powerpoint Slides, ‘Test your self’ questions and masses extra (https://edge.sagepub.com/keenan3e).
This textbook is key examining for undergraduate scholars taking an introductory direction in baby development or developmental psychology and gives a transparent and available origin for essays, assignments and different projects.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series) PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
Written via top clinicians and study specialists within the fields of kid improvement and psychopathology, this booklet is an authoritative and recent advisor for psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians and different execs operating with susceptible little ones. the outlet chapters define neurobiological, genetic, familial and cultural affects upon baby improvement, particularly these fostering kid's resilience and emotional well being.
A set of lectures through eminent participants of the British Psycho-analytical Society. comprises papers at the event of getting a child, being pregnant and the inner international, being pregnant after stillbirth or neonatal dying, and healing intervention for post-partum disturbance.
It used to be Plato who famously acknowledged that 'imitation is risky since it stifles creativity, hampers the advance of private identification and disrupts the belief of alternative humans as precise beings'. There are a few who nonetheless suppose this manner, and maybe this explains why imitation has got much less consciousness in the developmental literature than different human features.
This ebook presents a finished assessment of the medical phenomenon of pica. It focuses in particular at the affliction because it provides in youngsters, teens, and adults with autism spectrum affliction (ASD) and highbrow disabilities (ID). preliminary chapters introduce present theories and definitions, by way of a extra targeted exam of ways developmental disabilities complicate prognosis and intervention.
- Adherence to Pediatric Medical Regimens (Issues in Clinical Child Psychology)
- Family and Peers: Linking Two Social Worlds (Praeger Series in Applied Psychology)
- Home Visitation Programs: Preventing Violence and Promoting Healthy Early Child Development
- Abnormal Child and Adolescent Psychology: A Developmental Perspective, Second Edition
- Understanding, Diagnosing, and Treating ADHD in Children and Adolescents: An Integrative Approach (Reiss-Davis Child Study Center, Volume 3)
Extra resources for An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series)
An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series) by Thomas Keenan,Subhadra Evans,Kevin Crowley