By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st entire, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from top interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main updated and leading edge examine within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, expertise, and their broader highbrow environments
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
What technological know-how bargains the arts examines the various deep difficulties dealing with the research of tradition. It specializes in the excesses of postmodernism, but in addition recognizes severe issues of postmodernism's most harsh critics. in brief, Edward Slingerland argues that during order for the arts to growth, its students have to take heavily contributions from the normal sciences - and specific examine on human cognition - which show that any separation of the brain and the physique is completely untenable.
What do nylon stockings and atomic bombs have in universal? DuPont. The chemical enterprise of DuPont de Nemours pioneered the improvement of either nylon and plutonium, enjoying a major function within the upward push of mass intake and the emergence of the infamous "military-industrial complicated. " during this interesting account of the lives and careers of Du Pont’s chemical engineers, Pap A.
Technology, know-how and old fiction - brief tales - 27 archival illustrationsIn the zeitgeist of the Forties -1950sWorld battle (WWII), nuclear strength, house exploration
In Fungible existence Aihwa Ong explores the dynamic global of state-of-the-art bioscience study, delivering severe insights into the advanced methods Asian bioscientific worlds and cosmopolitan sciences are entangled in a tropical atmosphere brimming with the specter of emergent illnesses. At biomedical facilities in Singapore and China scientists map genetic variations, illness dangers, and biomarkers, mobilizing ethnicized "Asian" our bodies and future health info for genomic study.
- The Works of Charles Darwin: v. 9: Geological Observations on South America (1846) (with the "Critical Introduction" by J.W. Judd, 1890) (The Pickering Masters)
- Friedrich Ritschl Eine wissenschaftliche Biographie (German Edition)
- Reading the Book of Nature: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Science
- The Forgotten Revolution: How Science Was Born in 300 BC and Why it Had to Be Reborn
- Social Solutions for Climate Change: How to inspire action
Extra resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks