By Georgina M. Montgomery,Mark A. Largent
- Covers themes together with astronomy, agriculture, chemistry, eugenics, substantial technological know-how, army know-how, and more
- Features contributions by means of the main comprehensive students within the box of technological know-how history
- Covers pivotal occasions in U.S. heritage that formed the advance of technological know-how and technology coverage similar to WWII, the chilly warfare, and the Women’s Rights movement
Read or Download A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
What technological know-how deals the arts examines a few of the deep difficulties dealing with the examine of tradition. It makes a speciality of the excesses of postmodernism, but in addition recognizes severe issues of postmodernism's most harsh critics. in brief, Edward Slingerland argues that during order for the arts to development, its students have to take heavily contributions from the average sciences - and specific learn on human cognition - which exhibit that any separation of the brain and the physique is solely untenable.
What do nylon stockings and atomic bombs have in universal? DuPont. The chemical enterprise of DuPont de Nemours pioneered the improvement of either nylon and plutonium, taking part in an enormous position within the upward thrust of mass intake and the emergence of the infamous "military-industrial advanced. " during this attention-grabbing account of the lives and careers of Du Pont’s chemical engineers, Pap A.
Technology, expertise and ancient fiction - brief tales - 27 archival illustrationsIn the zeitgeist of the Nineteen Forties -1950sWorld warfare (WWII), nuclear strength, area exploration
In Fungible existence Aihwa Ong explores the dynamic global of state of the art bioscience examine, delivering serious insights into the advanced methods Asian bioscientific worlds and cosmopolitan sciences are entangled in a tropical surroundings brimming with the specter of emergent ailments. At biomedical facilities in Singapore and China scientists map genetic variations, illness dangers, and biomarkers, mobilizing ethnicized "Asian" our bodies and overall healthiness facts for genomic examine.
- The Essential David Bohm
- EPSA Philosophy of Science: Amsterdam 2009: 1 (The European Philosophy of Science Association Proceedings)
- Receptions of Descartes: Cartesianism and Anti-Cartesianism in Early Modern Europe (Routledge Studies in Seventeenth-Century Philosophy)
- Science, Technology and Society: Needs, Challenges and Limitations (Science, technology, and global problems)
- Aspects of Local Government in a Sumbawan Village
Additional resources for A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Georgina M. Montgomery,Mark A. Largent